Testing course completions
Introduction to Gender Analysis
This one-hour course on how to conduct a gender analysis for a project is designed for AKF staff working in Programmes, Monitoring and Evaluation, and Partnerships. The course is also of value to AKDN staff working in these areas and to AKF’s civil society partners.
By the time you complete the course, you will be able to:
- Explain ways in which gender influences how policies, programmes, and projects may diversely impact men and women, girls and boys
- Describe the principles of gender analysis and why gender analyses are important to AKF’s programming
- Identify the steps to conduct a gender analysis
- List quantitative and qualitative information sources that can help AKF staff understand gender norms and disparities in the countries and communities where they implement programmes
- List tools (internal and external) used in an AKF gender analysis and when to use them
- Understand the key domains necessary to be assessed for a comprehensive gender analysis
This course is the second in a three-part series of courses focused on gender, including “Gender Mainstreaming in Project Management” and “Gender Equality Marker: A Tool for AKF.”
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives License. To view a copy of this license, go here.
Content development partners