Testing course completions
Facilitating Adult Learning
This free training course on facilitating adult learning provides workshop facilitators with the mindsets, skills, and techniques to run workshops in a fun, engaging, and professional way.
Facilitators who will find this training course relevant include facilitators of a range of different types of workshops, including those who will be delivering the face-to-face session of a blended learning course.
By completing this course, you will be able to:
- Articulate the principles of adult learning
- Describe a range of verbal and non-verbal skills facilitators should hone
- Apply more than twenty individual, pair, small-group and large-group facilitation techniques
- Assess participant learning in a workshop
- Effectively give and receive feedback from participants
- Prepare to deliver a dynamic and memorable workshop
The course can be completed as an online-only course or in a blended format where learners first watch the videos and then engage in a synchronous in-person session. A Facilitator Guide is available for download for the synchronous in-person session.
The course is available in Arabic, English and Russian.
This course was produced as part of the Aga Khan Foundation’s Civil Society programme.
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives License. To view a copy of this license, go here.
Content development partners